Wednesday 4 January 2017

College Village

Village College.

Jenny wondered if she'd ever find the kind of love she needs, even her friends ask her 'When she'll marry', but our confused sister is so depressed by love that she thought she'd never find a fulfilling one. Time went by watching her three friends being picked up by their Men and her being picked up by taxis.

One day as she got a learnership in Anglo, she waited for her bus to arrive so she'd go to her qorters and sleep. Life as a miner took a toll on her as she said it's a man's job, she slowly loved her work and decided to study further so she can be able to earn decent salary.

Saturday Morning
Jenny's parents came to see how she was living, the knew the place because of her brother, he used to stay there when he still didn't have a car and now Jenny Is following his footsteps. They bought her food and saw where she was living and left, as Jenny was walking them to the car, she felt a bit of emptiness as the people who are leaving held a huge portion of her heart, as they left Jenny walked back to her room to put some trainers on and take a walk. It was said that it isn't safe to walk alone but she needed fresh air. While she was walking a guy passed her, it was another senior who worked in a nearby plant,
Senior: Are you going somewhere?
Jenny : No I'm just taking a walk.
Senior: Can I come join you?
Jenny : I'll be back in my apartment before you get back.
Senior: It's not safe to walk around here anyway, just be careful ok, we don't want to be losing newbies again in this road, you know what, let me go park my car and I'll jog around to see if you'll be around.

Before Jenny could answer he took off, ten minutes later she heard someone running from behind,
Senior: That wasn't long was it?
Jenny : If I was in a rush I'd say it was.
Senior: I'm sorry then
Jenny : Don't apologise, you said you wanted to take a walk with me and I never responded.
Senior: But you would've, just didn't give you time to say anything, *smiles*
Jenny kept quiet until she reached the place she really wanted to see.
Senior: Beautiful isn't it?
Jenny : Very.
She was quiet for a while and started to sing,
" Never by Boy II Men"
Senior: You can also sing?
Jenny just stared at him until she turned away.
'Look its getting late let's go back before they try to rob us', he said . Jenny then turns away and walks, her stomach starts to rumble loudly and she laughs,
Senior: Seems like someone is hungry, come let's go to my apartment and I'll make you some food.
Jenny : No I'm fine thank you, got food in my room too.
A car passed and a man screamed
"Pule I'm coming back I'm going to buy food, heard that today's meals aren't great, I'm going to red Square for some braai'd meat, who's that girl you're with"?
Senior (Pule): Shap, she's a girl I saved.
The guy: Lucky Girl, anyway I'm coming neh?
He drove off and Jenny started to walk faster, now she's the girl who was saved and how did this work? She was never saved, she saved the senior by allowing him to take a walk with her. Period!

Jenny had short legs so she wasn't going to get anywhere even if she tried cause the Senior was thick and meaty and a bit taller than her. As she arrived the Senior (Pule) said,
' Are you sure you don't want to come with'?
Jenny : Yes I am, thank you for joining me for the walk and good night.
She went straight upstairs ate what she had for lunch and then watched movies and dosed off.

Sunday
8:03

She wakes up to find that it's time for breakfast, she rushed to the cafeteria to find that there's no one just a lady fixing the trays for food,
Jenny : Morning Mam' what time is breakfast on Sundays?
Lady: Morning my child, breakfast is normally served at 8:00, we just that we are running a bit late today, you can wait, we'll be serving in a few minutes.
As she was talking to the lady she heard a group of Men coming their way, as she turned around she bumped right into a muscular fit man,
" I'm so sorry I should very..." She said
"It's alright at least nothing was broken and no shirts were... He was interrupted
Pule its the girl you saved, Pule looked up and her eyes were sparkling...
Oh hi, he said
Jenny: Morning
"It's ok guys, go hold on the line before other groups come and cause mayhem", he said to the guys.
I didn't think I'd ever meet you here, guess it's just my luck, he said.
I wouldn't call it that, it was just a coincidence Pule, she replied.
Well if you say so, I never got your name, Pule
That's because you never asked for it, just keep on calling me "the girl you saved".
She then left him as another group was coming by and the were a lot, he went to his friends and Jenny went to wait on the line. As he was eating up, Jenny was done dishing up and Jenny stole a look from him and walked back to her room, Pule just couldn't help but stare till she was out.

She thought she was harsh on him, her mind was roaming around looking for answers but couldn't find any. After eating she decided to take out the trash can she had in her room as she opened the door and got out she saw Pule and his friends coming passed her room, she rushed to avoid another ongoing convo about her name. At the parking lot she dropped her trash in one of the big bins and walked back, thinking everything was ok, guess who was waiting for her at her door...
Now that I know which room you're in I'll be able to know you better and ask you for a walk, he said.
Don't you dare stalk me I don't have time for your trivia questions please, she replied.
Well tell me your name then I'd leave you alone . Pule asked.
JEANETTE!!! That's my name, I call myself Jenny and I prefer you use that . She said
Since you know me and I know you, have a good day and take care of that lovely face.
He left and Jenny got in, she was not in such a mood and avoided that it happened, she stayed indoors for the whole day locked in, she missed lunch and she had to get supper.
In her night gown she went, it's 7:30 and the last supper was being served, she thought she'll meet Pule again to her disappointment he wasn't there so she took her food and went back to her room.

No comments:

Post a Comment