Wednesday 17 May 2017

4.3

4. 3
Interviews galore!

Next Day Tiro calls Jenny to tell her that his on his way to pick her up, she was still not sure what to wear until she decided to wear her traditional jumpsuit with a black blazer paired with white heels, when Tiro came she was as ready as a knife about to cut meat. Tiro complimented her and they left. She tried not to be bold about her dress code but tradition is bold. As they arrive Tiro left Jenny to her first interview.
She was still confused on how she'll get a chance to work in a corporate company with such small qualifications, she thought she doesn't have this one in a bag but will just try her luck. She being scared as usual but she was welcomed with open arms and was told that she'll get a call before the end of the week. The interview was short but too professional,  they wanted her to be a data capture, thinking she was dressed up for a higher post but that's what they were offering her never mind the business management quality. She went out to the mall to have a drink alone when she decided to call Tiro to inform him about the interview, he was not shocked but told her how she can make her way up after her qualifications, she told him she's on her way home as the interview drained her energy and get ready for another one at 13h00 when Tiro told her to come over to her place instead. When she arrived Tiro made lunch and bought her a suit to wear to her next interview, he told her to take his other car as it was close and no traffic cops around, it fitted her perfectly and went outside to see the car she's going to drive,

The Mazda 3

She was relieved that it's not a skorokoro(scrap car) but a proper car, she got in and test drove it with him and went to the interview, 
"This one must be big if Tiro lends me his car, she thought".
When she arrived Jenny was at a car dealership she blurted,  " This dealership is looking for a salesperson or an executive". It was quite strange for a person to find a job at a dealership,  she went in and was directed to the managers office, immediately the manager stood up for a handshake,
Manager: I've been waiting for you, close the door on your way in please thank you. You come recommended even though you lack qualifications, Tiro told me you want to do this part time cause you are studying right?
Jenny : Yes Sir.
Manager: Well option is a salesperson,  3 are needed and so far you're the first one that's if you want it?
Jenny : Yes Sir,  I'm eager to learn about the business.
Manager: Good, sign a contract and you'll get a call this week. Tiro told me you're a business management student at Orbit, tell me about it?
Jenny : It's been well my marks are good and I'm hoping for the best through finishing the Nateds.
Manager: Great keep it up and I'll be waiting for your N4 results when they come out, that's if you choose to work with us.

He thanked her for coming along and left, she looked sophisticated as most sales persons were staring at her lavish look, she got to Tiro's house to find him washing the car, she got out and had a sigh of relief.  She went to him and thanked him for putting in good words for her and making her look independent, she kissed him and went in to change to cook at least for him. When he was done with his car he went in to find Jenny cooking a home meal, she was so tired that her head was on the table trying to get some few rests. He sneaked up to check what she was exactly cooking, to find a soup of stew and Rice but they were not enough for two people,

Tiro : Hawu! Mos this food is for one person,  aren't you sleeping over kanti?
Jenny : Tiro you never asked me to sleep over  and tomorrow I'm going home I have to pack my things.
Tiro : Aw please come sleep over,  I'm also going to work tomorrow morning,  not seeing you tomorrow would strain my heart cause I'm not going to be seeing you for he rest of the week, mxm I hope one of the companies call you, you are already torturing my heart.
Jenny :*laughs*  I'll be back before you know it, I miss home, it's where my heart gets recharged, babies around, shouting here and there, cooking everyday for people that leave plates clean *laughs* its truly been a while,  I miss my parents babe, I just want to see how they are coping, that's short and how I'll be able to budget.
Tiro : You treating them like your babies?
Jenny : No, both of them are retired and my brothers kids stay with them, they could use their company.
Tiro : As for finishing plates that sounds like torture Lols.
Jenny : It's not, if I take my time to cook for you with my food I want you to finish the food its not torture but a sign of how good they are.
Tiro : Mmm... So you want me to gain weight just by eating your food?
Jenny : No, Eat and exercise.
Tiro : this is kinda good, I'll be going home and my mother would be surprised that I gained weight hehehe Amen! What about the sleep over? Can we at least go and pack stuff at your place and come with your bag here please.

That wasn't the problem, they went to her place and packed, tidied up the place and left. She had her learners for a while so it wouldn't be any in out of control and she drove. Tiro was chilling and Jenny was just looking at the traffic, she didn't want to make any mistakes, being in traffic for 30 minutes was called strain but they got out of it, arriving she got out and she felt nauseous and Tiro quickly was at her rescue and picked her up and took her to his bedroom, he gave her pills to have with water and then rested. Poor guy came with thermometer to measure her temperature,  she laughed and Tiro prayed and locked themselves in and watched TV in his room,  when she dosed off,  Tiro not being aware of that Jenny turned and pulled him closer, he laughed, pulled the throw on her and carried on watching TV. Later on Jenny's phone rang and it was her Father, Tiro wanted to answer it but just woke Jenny up to answer the phone,  Jenny was nervous that her father might be at her apartment,  she answered to her father, he just wanted feedback from her interview today which she told him about, he was giving Jenny that long distance support she wanted, he told her about funerals and her mother and kids send their greetings, she thanked him and said their good night's.
Tiro heard their conversion so he didn't need to ask her about it, he was glad and he dished up a huge plate fore the both of them and ate with forks, had their late shower and slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment